The library of The Palestinian Academy for Security Sciences is taking a major role in the service of the students, academic and administrative staff, through providing materials and scientific means. Also it presents services and facilities that meet the curriculum requirements and self-education.To achieve its goal, the Academy library seeks to arrange and provide the required information sources, the various devices, the necessary materials, in addition to creating the suitable atmosphere which helps to research, to study and to learn.
Atatürk Library: Atatürk Library (the Library of The Palestinian Academy for Security Sciences) was opened in Jericho in 2008. There is a big determination to accommodate thirty thousand volumes in the first phase. The library adapts the open shelf system, as well as the Dewey decimal classification.
Library Opening Hours:
The library opens its doors daily, except Thursdays and Fridays and official holidays as follows: Saturday to Tuesday at 8 am - 3.30 pm and 7 pm till 9 at night. Wednesdays 8 am - 2 pm. Circulation Policy
• All members of the faculty, staff and students enrolled in Academy are allowed to use the library and borrow books. • All references, periodicals, magazines and newspapers are not allowed for borrowing. • Duration of the borrowing is (10) renewal days, unless the book is wanted from another reader. • It is allowed to borrow books (4) at one time due to the director of the library in special cases. • Booking: any reader can reserve a book in the possession of another while the reader will be notified as soon as it is available.
• Late books: in this case all of those who are not returning books on time are to pay a fine. • Books missing: If a book had been missed by a reader must pay a fine addition to the price of the book.
• Guiding Service: helping students and guiding them in the search for the wanted materials for their researches and studies. The library staff is fully prepared to assist readers in searching for what they need. so, do nor hesitate to ask for help.
• The reservation shelf: this service includes specified books and reports recommended by the lecturers to be borrowed for short time to be returned back after one night. Any late books the reader shall pay a fine.• Photo copy service: any reader can make a copy the wanted material if it not allowed being outside the library.• References Services.
Instructions for library users: 1. Shelves arrangement: when using shelves or looking for a book each student should keep the books in their order to make it easier for others to search for what they need and prevent tampering or destruction of books.
2. Silence:All users should keep quite and not to disturb other users.
3. Group shelves: All students put their bags on the outside shelves when entering. The library is not responsible for any loss of personal valuable stuff even in anywhere else in the library.
4. Food and drink: Not allowed in the library at all, smoking is strictly prohibited, too.
5. Using of mobile phones inside the library is not allowed.
6. New Books: All new books are announced to all users though printed lists on boards at the Academy. The lecturers and the administration receive a special copy of new books list.
Dewey Decimal System: Atatürk library (library Academy of Sciences Palestinian security) had adapted Dewey Decimal classification System with some modifications consistent with the Arabic Library.